This website is for Authorized Independent Representatives only.
The HLT Basics:
- Preparing Quality Trusts since 1989
- A+ BBB rated with 0 complaints
- Comprehensive Trusts
- Free lifetime support
- Free lifetime changes
- Prepares Trusts for all states except Louisiana*
*Louisiana has old Napoleonic law on its books and Living Trusts don't always hold up well in this state.
Not all Living Trusts are created equally!
Below is a summary of the benefits of a Heritage Living Trust, section by section:
The same information on this page is is found on this link: Section-By-Section Flyer
- This allows you to show the existence of your Living Trust without having to disclose to banks and other asset-holders what is included in your Living Trust.
THE LIVING TRUST
- This allows your assets to be passed to your beneficiaries privately and without probate.
SCHEDULES OF THE TRUST
- This shows your “legal intent” to transfer your assets in case something were to happen to you before the transfer process is complete. Probate may be required for these assets, however the assets will be distributed per your wishes. Separate Property Agreements will be added on A-B Marital Trusts only.
PERSONAL PROPERTY TRANSFERS
- You’ll list who will get your “personal” items, the wedding ring, the Mercedes, the jewelry, etc. Your survivors will not have to fight about who gets what.
AMENDMENTS TO THE TRUST
- Heritage Living Trust provides free lifetime changes. You will most likely need to make changes; a beneficiary, the age a beneficiary receives their inheritance, change a trustee, etc.
ASSET DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY
- You control your assets in the event of your incapacitation by instructing the person or persons you choose who will act on your behalf.
POUR OVER WILL
- This “catches” any assets that were inadvertently left out of your Heritage Living Trust. Probate may be required for these assets, however the assets will be distributed per your wishes.
- You decide if you want to “pull the plug,” cardiac resuscitation, mechanical respiration, tube feeding, so your loved ones do not have to make these tough decisions for you.
DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR HEALTH CARE
- You choose the person or persons that will make health care decisions if you are unable to do so. Don’t leave this decision to others.
- You let your loved ones know where and how you want to be put to rest, what kind of service, music and flowers you want. Don’t leave these decisions to your loved ones.
NOMINATION OF CONSERVATOR
- You choose the person or persons that will act on your behalf if you were mentally incompetent. Do not leave it up to the court to appoint someone that will decide where and how you will be cared for.
NOMINATION OF GUARDIAN*
- You choose the person or persons that would act as Guardians of your minor children or disabled and dependent adult children if you were to pass. *This section is included when the Trustor(s) have minor children.
DONATION OF ANATOMICAL GIFTS
- You decide if and where you want to designate the gift of your organs and body, so your survivors don’t have to guess on your behalf.
LAST INSTRUCTIONS TO YOUR FAMILY
- Let your survivors know that you love them, that you created your Heritage Living Trust to save them grief, doubt, time and money. Let them know that you did your best to be fair and to honor your instructions.
ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS LOCATION
- This gives an inventory of your important documents, life insurance policies, annuities, stocks, bonds, bank accounts, etc. This information insures that all of your assets will be transferred to your beneficiaries quickly and effortlessly.
SETTLOR TRUSTEE INSTRUCTIONS
- This gives your Successor Trustee step-by-step instructions on how to settle your estate at your death.
SPECIAL NEEDS PROVISION*
- You nominate the person or persons to care for your “special need child,” when you pass. *There is a separate form, and a $100 additional fee for this provision. *This section is included when the Trustor(s) have Special Needs children.